COPA Hair Care - Had one experience with not receiving 2 kits I paid for, but loved the product.

2.0
Turnaround Time

Update by user Feb 18

I meant to write 2002 as the year which I first used COPA on my daughter's hair, not 2006.

Original review posted by user Feb 18

Loved it. I used it on my 5 yr old in 2006.

Before COPA, washing & combing her tightly coiled hair was a long & arduous process. After using COPA, her hair was frizz free, totally detangled, and seemed very strong, making it easy to get her ready for school. It was beautiful, so soft and shiny and easy to comb. COPA did not straighten my child's hair, but that was never expected or wanted; I loved the natural wavy look of her hair.

My first couple of orders were by credit card - no problem. Ignoring that voice in my head, I placed my last order by sending a $75 check in the mail for two kits, my check was cashed (I offered proof/cancelled check), my kits were never sent and I was told via repeated calls to COPA that there was no record of my order. Each rep I spoke with would tell me that the previous rep didn't work there and each would say they would call me back but never did, and neither my order nor my money was sent to me.

It was so upsetting. I wish I could get the product locally, this time for myself.

Review about: Copa Hair Care.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

COPA Hair Care - Great product

3.3
Turnaround Time

I loved it. It made my course hair full and bouncy.

Review about: African Pride No Lye Relaxer Kit.

Reason of review: Good quality.

COPA Hair Care - I had no problem with Copa and miss it soooooo much!

I also had a great experience with copa - - with the exception of their mailing process, which was infrequent and inconsistent.

I am bi-racial. Relaxers MURDERIZE my hair. They are all too strong. I always ended up with my hair broken off and a scalp full of burns (yes even from "no lye" relaxers).

Copa was a godsend, as it did just what it advertised. It loosened my curls. For a good two years I was rocking the *** out of my nice smooth frizz free spirals.

I miss Copa so much it's not even funny....although now that I'm pre-menopausal, the texture of my hair has softened even more.... I would still buy Copa though. If anyone knows were I can find it PLEASE DO TELL!

Review about: Positive Experience.

Reason of review: Good quality.

I liked: Everything about the product.

I didn't like: Inconsistent delivery.

Comments

I also had a FANTASTIC experience with Copa Hair products. Thank You Debbie Allen!!

I am a mixed chick, and Copa made my hair silky and wavy unlike any other product I have ever used. I WOULD LOVE TO BUY IT AGAIN, if I could just find it. I know all those unsold bottles are collecting dust as "new old stock" in a warehouse somewhere.

Whoever has it, please consider selling it on eBay with a disclaimer. I'll buy it all!!!

COPA Hair Care - Left my hair badly damaged.

Kanata, Ontario 1 comment

I purchased the product because actress Debbie Allen was endorsing it on an infomercial. She let the hair dresser use it on her own daughter on the air and swore by it.

It knotted up my hair so badly, that I had to cut it off. It left my hair dry, damaged, dull,lifeless and brittle. Ms. Allen meant well, but mayber experience was different.

If the product wasn't truely meany for home use, that should have been stipulated in the informercial. Instead they made it seem as if anyone could do it.

Also the gentleman making the pitch said it was so natural you could eat it, and then he put some in his mouth. Anyone would think if you can eat it, it would be safe to use on hair.

Review about: Hair Straightener.

Comments

Lol wow I was actually giving trying to purchase this product again. I used it when I was in my twenties and it worked winners on my hair.

It made my hair stronger, actually made it curl, and helped my to grow....ALOT! It's a shame only the bad stories about this product got out. Well anyway my feelings is now that I went natural and my hair is breaking badly and COPA is the best memory that I have for my hair.

If anyone is reading this press post on how I can get some more since no one else seems to want it maybe it's on a discount somewhere. Anyway COPA isn't all its just not built for everyone.

COPA Hair Care - Perhaps we are the Exceptution - It did Just what I wanted

Los Angeles, California 12 comments

I used Copa on the hair of my 12 year old daughter who has thick tight hair. I was not aiming for straight.

I was aiming for loose. The product made straightening her hair (blow drying, then flat ironing) fast and easier, and the wearing of natural styles (twists and unraveled twists) absolutely beautiful. It took the pain and tears out of combing her hair out. The product did not straighten her hair, it loosened her natural care.

I used it twice, and we are now in search of more product. Her hair is healthy and strong. We have not been disappointed in the least. I think the difference may have been in what was being sought from the product.

I feel badly for those who suffered.

If anyone knows if product is available from somewhere please post a note. Thank you

Review about: Hair Straightener.

Comments

I also had nothing but wonderful results with this product. I am biracial and "regular" - - even "kiddie" relaxers are too strong for my hair.

I don't really have any "kink" to my hair...just a lot of tendency to frizz.

I miss Copa so much and desperately hope and pray that someone, someday will start making it again!!!

:cry my email is a_o_budseye@yahoo.com!I hope someone finds it soon!

I swear I miss Copa too!I was just growing my hair back at the time after chopping it all off.I didn't want a perm or chemicals ,and just wanted the curls/waves.Copa worked and smelled really good too.

I LOVED COPA. JUST CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE.

PLEASE POST WHERE IT CAN BE POSTED IF YOU KNOW WHERE i CAN GET SOME.

DID WONDERS FOR MY HAIR. THANKS

to DEE Atlanta, Georgia, United States #736705

I have some mjafri24@gmail.com

trying to find some copa please contact at anoxsioux@yahoo.com

Sorry forgot my email

Omarijai@Yahoo.com

I am looking to buy copa to loosen my curl

Who is selling

I have some unopened copa packets left with no instruction on how to use. Could you email to dhenry6@roadrunner.com please.

I was using copa on my hair and my daughters hair. I miss copa.Copa did wonders on our hair.

we wanted looser curls that was easier to comb.and it did just that,. if anyone out there knows how to order this product PLEASE post a note.

we miss u copa!thank u. :cry :cry :cry :sigh :sigh :sigh

I was Decluttering a couple of days ago and found that I had 4 unopened 'kits' of the Copa Hair Care System. Obviously, over the years(cause it has been Years), I've contemplated wearing my hair au naturelle and bought the CopaHair system to try it.

I don't want "straight" hair either.

My hair is thick and I like to run my fingers through it occasionally, so I want looser curls that are easier and quicker to comb. After reading the above review, I now feel confident that it may be the 'right' choice for my hair care.

I just moved and found that I have 7 unopened COPA packets left. Are you still interested?

View more comments